Can it still be magical? YES! Here are some tips on what to expect:
1. Wearing a mask is mandatory. They are very strict on this policy so if you are going thinking you can slide by - you can't! Masks must be worn at all times starting from the parking lot and during your entire day. You are able to take it off, if you are eating but you must be stationary. We did get one picture without a mask on of the girls but they were eating at the time and stationary. If you are planning on visiting in 2021, rumor is the mask rule will be around.
2. There are no trams from the parking lot to the entrance at most of the parks.
3. Many favorite attractions and shows are closed. They will slowly be reopening as cast members are rehired and things are updated. To keep the magic alive, look ahead of time to see what is closed so your expectations are met! You can see info on all of this on Disney's App Here.
4. There are no fireworks or large gathering shows at this point.
5. Occupancy is at 35% right now. We heard many complaining that it seemed more than this. This is why: many large gathering shows and rides are closed. This brings people to other rides and out in the open more than normal. The other reason is social distancing in lines. The lines are much longer then before but you are moving the entire time. This was nice to us because we aren't smooshed in by other strangers and creates more air flow too!
6. Seeing the characters is totally different. They do not promise anything but they do have regular floats (or boast at Animal Kingdom) come around with all your favorite characters, throughout the day! Our girls actually loved this change as the streets are crowded and you get a more personal wave or smile! It also made it special to 'spot' them rather than waiting in line for hours for a quick posed picture. Again, it's all perspective and having your expectations where they need to be:)
7. We were thrilled to be able and find picture spots to be way less crowded. Causing some pretty magical photo ops to be able and happen.
8. A lot of the food is by mobile order only through the Disney App. This was the same not during covid time as well.
9. Leaving the park was AMAZING for us as parents. not crowded lines and exhausted, sweaty people. You will love this moment being so chill and a quick getaway to the car!
That was our experience and hope this helps a bit! If you have more specific questions for your favorite ride or anything else please let us know! We love to share our perspective but it's a pretty optimistic one so beware :)